WHEN YOUR SMILE MATTERS
Dental implants permanently replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth. An implant goes in the jawbone where your missing tooth root was, without damaging healthy teeth. Dental implants also help prevent healthy, adjacent teeth from shifting into the empty space next to them.
They’re a fantastic tool for people suffering from bone loss in the jaw, or those who want the beautiful appearance of natural teeth.
by Dr. Jacob Whitney
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the closest replacement for a natural tooth and provide the highest level of cosmetics and comfort. A dental implant is also one of the most durable replacement options because it integrates into the jawbone, which helps them withstand the wear and tear of daily activities.
After the implant is integrated, Dr. Whitney can attach dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures to help restore your smile to its former glory. You will be able to speak and chew comfortably without requiring the use of a daily adhesive application. Plus, a dental implant looks just like natural teeth so no one will be able to tell you lost a tooth.
When you schedule an appointment at Sand Springs Family Dentistry, Dr. Whitney will discuss with you each of your replacement options. Dental implants are known to last longer and provide a more stable solution than other replacement options. The benefits of dental implants include:
- Help prevent further bone loss in the jaw while providing a permanent solution for your missing teeth.
- Dental implants function and look like your natural teeth.
- Implants are the best way to stabilize and secure your denture without adhesives.
- They are anchored independently in the jawbone. They don’t use hooks or clasps and aren’t attached to neighboring teeth.
- Eat all your favorite foods and speak clearly with no worry about dentures that might slip or click.
- No special cleaning: just brush, floss, and see the dentist.
- With proper maintenance, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Leaving empty spaces in your mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to additional health issues, such as the loss and breakdown of your jawbone. When it is not being used to support a natural tooth, the jawbone deteriorates, losing its strength and firmness. Dental implants preserve your jawbone and prevent further bone loss. Dental implant treatment has a proven track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and is often considered “more predictable” than other treatments to repair or replace missing teeth.
Dr. Whitney and the team at Sand Springs Family Dentistry will work with you to help ensure your dental implant feels, looks and functions like a natural tooth. Contact us today at (918) 245-5979 to make your first appointment!